Sunday 3 October 2010

Available Light

My latest collaboration with Irina Rai came about after a discussion we had when setting up our recent beach shoot. Having shown her some of the work I've been doing with Sedition Industries and Dr Sketchy's she asked if we could take some of those influences and come up with an interesting theme, something different for her portfolio. So the challenge was set and off we went...

I'll be uploading more shots as I get through them but to start with I really liked this portrait/profile:

Available Light

Rather than resort to using a flash I decided to take advantage of the soft, natural light coming through the kitchen window. A 'nifty fifty' 50mm f/1.8 lens was chosen (shooting at f/1.8 so the depth of field was pretty tight). And once again the title was inspired by Rush!

Makeup duties were once again provided by Marie Murphy.

No comments: